Where is Lagniappe Dulcimer Fête held?
The Lagniappe Dulcimer Fête is located in the sleepy, rural town of Port Allen, Louisiana. This community is just across the Mississippi River Bridge from Baton Rouge.The headquarters for the fête is the:
West Baton Rouge Community Center
749 N Jefferson Ave, Port Allen, LA 70767
- 8 miles from the Baton Rouge Ryan Airport (15 minutes driving time),
- 75 miles north-west of New Orleans and the Louis Armstrong Airport (1 hr 15 minutes driving time),
- 270 miles from William P. Hobby Airport in Houston, Texas (4 hours and 6 minutes driving time),
- 523 miles west of the Atlanta airport in Atlanta, Georgia (7 hours and 31 minutes driving time),
- 931 miles from O’Hare Airport in Chicago (or 13 hr and 29 minutes driving time),
Our host hotel, the Hampton Inn & Suites is 4 miles from the fete location. The Baton Rouge airport is 8 miles.
Where are workshops and other events at the fête held?
The festival is held at the West Baton Parish Community Center and adjoining West Baton Rouge Museum. Registration, concerts, vendors and meals are at the Community Center and workshops are held on several buildings on the grounds of at the museum. Please register first at the Registration Desk before attending any workshops. We request that you wear name tags to all events.
This means walking or driving a short distance to the museum. There are handicap entrances to all the museum buildings. If you need assistance in getting back and forth the the museum, please let us know. The museum includes a number of buildings, including old slave cabins, an old store, a barn, a “juke joint” building.
DIRECTIONS to FETE:
From the East on I-10:
Port Allen Exit 153, KEEP IN RIGHT LANE; take ramp right onto SR-1 for 1.3 miles, Turn Right (East) onto Oregon Ave for 0.3 Miles, Turn Left onto Jefferson for 0.1 miles. Community Center is on the Left.
From the West on I-10: Exit 153, turn left onto SR-1 and continue same as above.