Here are musical events that our organization has planned; also other useful information.
2018 Lagniappe Dulcimer Fete: March 8-10, 2018 with March 11 Sunday Morning Gospel Jam at the West Baton Rouge Community Center in Port Allen, LA
2017 Lagniappe Dulcimer Fete: March 9, 10, 11, 12, 2017 West Baton Rouge Community Center in Port Allen, La.
- June 8, 2017 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm with Set-Up at 5:30 pm. WIM Florida Blvd. Baptist Church, Contact: Grace Smith
- First and Third Saturdays of each month: Red Stick Farmer’s Market, Downtown Baton Rouge.
- December 8, 2016. Thursday at 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Lake Sherwood Village Retirement Center Christmas party.
- December 4, 2016 time TBA. Sunday Rural Life Museum Christmas Celebration. Contact is Peggy Broussard.
- November 7, 2016 at 4:00 pm. – 9:00 pm.Workshops and concert with Neal and Coleen Walters. Contact Helen Bankston. Community Bible Church on Jefferson Hwy.
- October 29, 2016 at 10:00 – 11:00 am for the Community History Festival at the Pride-Chaneyville Library. Arrive at 9:30 a.m.
- October 21 on Friday from 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm.m Halloween Gig at West Baton Rouge Museum. Arrive at 5:00 pm. Contact person is Peggy Broussard.
- October 6 – November 10. Thursdays from 10:00 – 11:00 am.Beginner Dulcimer classes at the Denham Springs Library. Contact Kathryn Bruno.
- October 2, 2016 on Sunday at 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm at Denham Springs Library. Gig to promote upcoming classes. Contact: Kathryn Bruno; arrive at 2:30 pm
- October 2, 2016 on Sunday at 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm Sugar Festival, West Baton Rouge Museum, Port Allen, LA. Arrive at 11:00 am. Contact person is Peggy Broussard.
- July 30, 2016. Greenwell Springs Library 2016 Multicultural Festival. Festival is scheduled from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm. Set up at 9:30 am and perform at 12:30 pm. Performance is limited to 2 songs. Lagniappe Dulcimer Society will man a table which gives the history of the dulcimer, photos, how to play the dulcimer and information about classes and our club. Contact club member is Grace.
- Farmers Market Jams – 1st and 3rd Saturday morning of each month.
Cajun Dulcimer Society:
- Second Saturday each month: Jean Lafitte National Park Jean Lafitte National Park, Lafayette, Louisiana. Monthly Jam. Contact is Joe Besse.
- April 22, 2017. Camping Trip and Jam at Toledo Bend State Park led by Gladys Miller of the Alexandra Dulcimer Group.
La Petite Lagniappe Dulcimer Players:
Dulcimer Ladies and Guys/Red Stick Strummers:
- June 5, 2017, Tuesday, Play in the morning, then lunch.. Cornerstone Community Church, tentative. Judy Messer
Performances for 2017:
- June 21, 2017. Bluebonnet Library. Children’s Program, “Learn to Play The Dulcimer”. Wednesday. Set-up at 1:30 pm and play from 2:30 pm – 3:30 pm. Contact is Librarian, Bonnie Guelfo